Drifting In Cyberspace

Ever since I discovered the Internet I have been drifting in cyberspace. Mindlessly surfing the web; hoping to discover something GREAT. What I have found is I LOVE TO BLOG! Please stay awhile and read some of my posts and feel free to comment. Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful day.

This blog has been merged into my main blog. Ramblings and Rhetoric Please visit me there.

Friday, December 02, 2005

How to Make Money on the Web

Like many before me, one of the very first things I tried on the Internet was an online store selling products I bought at wholesale and sold for a profit. This worked well for me at flea markets and via mail order in the past so I figured it would do great on the Internet. WRONG!

There are so many competitors out there on the web my store didn't stand a chance. Unless you have a really unique product that is a tough way to make money.

Next I tried E-Bay but didn't do very well there either. Some people are succesful at E-Bay, but it just wasn't for me. So I put on my thinking cap and decided that I had to find a niche market. I already had designed websites for a couple of churches (for free) and thought that maybe I could turn that into a business. I set up a website for myself with a catchy domain name, Webdesign4Him and I was in business.


It cost me about $9.95 a year for a domain name and $3.95 a month for webhosting. I use Go Daddy for domain names and webhosting, they have GREAT prices. I printed up my own business cards and I was good to go. Now to find some customers. No problem, there are churches everywhere. The easiest and most cost effective way to contact them was with a phone call. However, I hate the telephone so I had to come up with another plan.


I did research on the Internet and found many places where there lists of churches in my area, a good place to start. Many of them already had websites, so I eliminated them. Next I contacted the ones with an email address listed but no website. This didn't cost me anything. I picked up a couple of customers and they recommended me to other churches. I was on a roll.


I will continue in future posts. Please check back soon and feel free to leave a comment.

Coming soon:
  • How to make money with Google AdSense
  • Design and sell your own t-shirts, coffee mugs, ball caps, etc.
  • Affiliate programs that work

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home